DT Aims at Mere School
At Mere School we aim for our children to produce practical solutions to real life problems, through the teaching of technical understanding, design methods and then making skills and by investigating their environment and the materials around them. This will help them prepare for living and working in the technological world.
In Mere School we aim to:
- To maintain and develop the confidence and ability for all children to solve technological problems.
- To help develop the social skills necessary to work as a team, as well as the ability to work independently when the situation demands.
- To provide skills developing approach focussing on the three key elements of Materials, Mechanisms and Safety by incorporating:
- focused practical tasks,
- product evaluation and investigation,
- processes of designing and making.
- To stimulate curiosity, imagination, creativity and develop the ability to operate effectively in a technological world.